- Apply tape to both the back of the E-Paper display and the battery
- Pull lightly to unlock the FFC connector, insert the display cable through the strap hole. Make sure the cable is inserted all the way, then push the lock back in to secure the cable.
- Fold back and align the display to the top of the PCB, peel off tape and firmly secure the display
- Insert battery plug, ensure correct polarity (red is closer to the USB connector)
- Peel off tape and firmly secure battery to the PCB
- Insert watch strap through PCB strap holes, then tighten strap from both ends
- Wrap strap around arm and adjust for comfort
Watchy comes pre-loaded with firmware that demonstrates all the basic features. You can also try different watch faces and examples in Arduino.
Download and install the latest
Start Arduino and open the Preferences window.
Under Additional Board Manager URLs add:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_index.json
Open Boards Manager under Tools > Board menu and install the esp32 platform
Under Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries, search for Watchy and install the latest version
- Select ESP32 Dev Module under Tools > Board > ESP32 Arduino
- Select Minimal SPIFFS under Tools > Partition Scheme
- Leave everything else as default
- Plug in USB on Watchy and select the serial port that shows up
- Choose an example and hit upload
- Try modifiying the examples or create your own app!