E-Ink/E-Paper is the same technology used in devices like the Kindle. E-Ink is a brand of electronic paper (E-Paper) displays. Devices like the Pebble use a low power LCD, which is not E-Ink or E-Paper.
Watchy is E-Paper
The front is the side that's whitish gray, with a white bezel at the bottom. The back is metallic and mirror-like.
- Do Not Pry Off the Screen! It is made of glass and prying it off the strong adhesive will definitely crack it
- There is a screen protector on the screen (you can lift it off with the green tab), try to lift it off to save your screen
- You can also slide a thin hobby knife between the screen and the PCB to remove the adhesive. Work slowly!
- Check out this video on Badgy for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BzPnMsKN20
I'm getting a
Failed to execute script esptool error#
This is a known issue for macOS 11 "Big Sur", see https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/issues/4408 for solutions
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the GxEDP2 library (i.e. > 1.2.16) , there is a fix for the GDEH0154D67 display driver
- Ensure the FPC cable is fully inserted, and the lock is in place
- Open an issue on our Github, provide additional details on your setup (e.g. OS, Arduino Version, etc.) and photos of your Watchy